To determine where your IIS log files are stored, please execute the steps below on your server:
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools
- Run Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Find your Web site under the tree on the left.
- Right click on it and choose properties.
- On the Web site tab, you will see an option near the bottom that says “Active Log Format.” Next to it is a Properties button. Click on the Properties button.
- At the bottom of the General Properties tab, you will see a box that contains the log file directory and the log file name. The full log path is comprised of the log file directory plus the first part of the log file name.
For example, assume the dialog displayed the following values:
- Log file directory: C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles
- Log file name: W3SVC1\exyymmdd.log
Your full log path to put into SmarterStats would be: C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\W3SVC1
Make sense of your IIS logs by running them through SmarterStats. You can download the free edition of SmarterStats from the following link http://www.smartertools.com/